It's Super Bowl time! You know we will find a way to Hoselink-ify this iconic time of year. Whether you're a diehard NFL fan or like your Sundays football-free, we hope you can find some recipes in this blog for entertaining in the next few months, especially as the weather starts warming up.
Now, we have to acknowledge that the current weather could be better for growing vegetables and fruits (well, for most climates and zones, anyway). Nonetheless, for those who want to sow and grow in the next few months or simply want to buy their supplies, here are some ideas to have fun in the kitchen and entertain your guests.
This year at Hoselink, we built our own snack stadium! We opted to fill it with as many snacks from the garden as we could (how very Hoselink of us!).
First up, we built our stadium. We must emphasize that this is not essential for enjoying snacks. But if you're feeling creative, there are plenty of online plans and tutorials to create your own snack stadium, or you can purchase a pre-made one online, too!
Once we had our stadium prepared, we started to plan out what snacks to include. We wanted a balance of fruit, veggies, and some savory classics to balance it out. Once we had our layout, it was time to create the recipes! Keep reading for more.
Pico De Gallo
It's an absolute staple! We had to include a fresh, homemade salsa in our stadium. To make this, we followed a simple recipe.
- 4 x Tomatoes
- 1 x Red Bell Pepper
- 1 x Jalapeño Pepper
- 1 x small White Onion
- Handful of Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch of Sugar
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Pinch of Black pepper
- Lime Juice to taste
- Finely dice your tomatoes, both varieties of peppers and onion.
- Roughly chop your cilantro.
- Combine all the ingredients except lime juice, and mix well.
- Add lime juice by the teaspoon to reach your desired flavor.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature with your favorite corn chips or veggie sticks. You may wish to top with some additional chopped cilantro as a garnish.
*If you have a food processor/blender at home, halve the tomatoes, peppers and onions, ensuring they are in smaller chunks. Add all ingredients to the food processor or blender and pulse until it has a good consistency (not too liquid).
Another absolute must-have for the Super Bowl Season is guacamole! This dip also pairs well with veggie sticks, crackers or chips.
- 2 x Avocados
- 1 x Jalapeno Pepper (seeds removed and diced finely)
- 1 x 1/2 Tomato (finely diced)
- 1 x 1/2 White Onion (finely diced)
- 1 x Teaspoon of Raw Diced Garlic or Crushed Garlic Paste
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1 x Garlic clove minced
- 1 x teaspoon of lime juice
- Start by slicing the avocados, removing the seeds and scoop into a mixing bowl
- Use a fork to mash the avocado into your desired consistency
- Add the remaining ingredients, adding more lime juice or salt and pepper, if necessary, mix well
- Serve with veggie sticks or tortilla chips
- 16 oz. Fresh strawberries
- 8 oz. Milk or dark chocolate
- 1 x Can (16 oz.) of vanilla frosting
- Wash strawberries and let them dry entirely, or pat dry with paper towels.
- Melt chocolate using your preferred method (microwave or over the stove)
- Using the stem/leafy part of the strawberry, dip into the melted chocolate and ensure it's completely covered with chocolate.
- Place the strawberry onto parchment paper on a tray or plate
- Repeat with all strawberries.
- Once you have finished coating all strawberries, place the tray in the fridge to set for at least 15 minutes
- While the strawberries are setting, prepare your frosting by spooning some into a piping or plastic bag, cutting a narrow icing tip (Please note, you can use a piping bag kit as long as the icing tip is narrow).
- Pipe football laces onto each strawberry (see picture below for example).
- Repeat with all strawberries and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy some of these recipes and are able to take away some inspiration for your own Super Bowl festivities!
Be sure to keep an eye on our stories on Instagram on the 5th of February 2024 for your chance to win $100 toward your own snack stadium! @hoselinkusa