Spray Nozzle Maintenance
Fixing the trigger handle (Premium 7-Function Spray Nozzle)
If your Spray Nozzle trigger becomes floppy or loses resistance, it is due to the internal o-rings located on the stainless steel plunger inside drying out. Take the following steps to lubricate the plunger and restore proper function to your Spray Nozzle:
- Use pliers to unscrew the brass cap found at the back of the sprayer.
- Remove the spring inside.
- Push the plunger out from the trigger side then grip with the pliers to fully remove it.
- Clean out any debris or build-up inside the empty trigger well.
- Wipe clean the plunger and spread a few drops of silicone oil around its o-rings as well as inside the empty trigger well.
- Replace the plunger, then the spring, and finally screw on the brass cap.
- Pump the trigger until it is fully operational.
Handy hint: Periodically lubricating the plunger will keep it operating smoothly. Simply drop some silicone oil on to the silver plunger under the trigger and pump the handle to distribute it.
Important: Only use silicone oil from Hoselink or a hardware store (not water-based WD-40). Your Spray Nozzle and/or Hose Reel purchase will be sent with a tube of silicone oil. If you require additional lubricant, please email our Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If leaking occurs from behind the Spray Nozzle function selector dial, first try tightening the screw on the face of the Nozzle, in case it is loose. If that fails, follow these steps to repair your Spray Nozzle:
- Use a Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the front face of the Spray Nozzle. Be careful not to lose the small white-tipped spring inside.
- Remove the o-ring (use a pin if necessary) and replace with a new one.
- Spread some silicone oil lubricant around the o-ring and surrounding area.
- Replace the face of the Spray Nozzle and tighten the screw.
You can buy a Spray Nozzle Repair Kit here. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team by emailing email@example.com.