If the spray nozzle trigger becomes floppy or loses resistance, it is due to the internal o-rings and lubricant drying out. Take these steps to relubricate and restore proper function to the sprayer:
- Use pliers to unscrew the brass cap at the back of the sprayer.
- Remove the spring.
- Push out the stainless-steel plunger from the trigger side then grip with pliers from the back to remove it.
- Clean out any debris or build-up inside.
- Spread a few drops of silicone lubricant into the cavity and around the o-rings on the plunger.
- Replace the plunger, spring and brass cap.
- Pump the trigger to lubricate fully and until operational.
It is important to use only silicone lubricant from Hoselink or any hardware store. Do not use water-based WD-40. A tube of silicone lubricant is provided with each 7-Function Sprayer. Please contact customer support to purchase additional tubes.
Hint: Periodically lubricating the sprayer will keep it operating smoothly. Simply drop some silicone lubricant on to the plunger under the trigger and pump the handle to distribute.